Friday 14 March 2014

HORIZON

My post title : Humble to Life
My blog title: Horizon

May be its just a story , but for me a lesson of life, so I liked to share it  with all my  readers.

One day a man  from a nearby village  called out  at the monastery gates, and handed  the old monk  who opened it  at a magnificent  bunch of  grapes, saying  , Dear father , I have brought  as a gift  the finest grapes my vineyard has produced.
The monk smiled , Thank you , I will take them to the Aboot immediately ; he will  be delighted  with the offering. But the villager  said,  No , no, I brought  them for you .
The old monk  did not think he deserved such a  fine gift. Ohmyes ! Insisted  the man . For whenever  I come  by , you open the gates  and welcomes me.when I  needed help  because  the crop  was destroyed , you shared  your meal  with me every day. I hope  this  bunch  of graoes  will  remind you of the sun's love, the rain's beauty  and the miracle of God, for it is He who made them grow so fine.
The monk  held the bunch of grapes . It looked  full  and luscious, He decided  to present  it to the Aboot, who had always encouraged  him with words of wisdom.
The Aboot  was very pleased  with the grapes , but  as he accepted  them, he thought of one of the brothers  who had been very unwell, I  will give these grapes, they may bring some joy to his life.
But the grapes did not  stay  in the sick monks room for long. He  reflected  , Brother  cook  has been feeding  me such nourishing  meals  to help me recover, I am sure  he will  enjoy these. As the cook brought  himmhis  meal, he oresented  him  with the grapes.
They are for you, said the sick monk, you work  so hard,  take a moment  to sit and enjoy these.
Brother cook was amazed  at the beauty of the grapes, then he thought  of the  newest  entrant to the monastery. He decided  to gift  them to the youngster as he felt  he might  be a bit lonely  without  his family, and also so that he might  understand that the work of creation  happen with small detailing.

Thanks to everyone.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

No comments:

Post a Comment